Sunday, October 26, 2008

Balika Vadhu is the number one serial on Indian television.


Balikha Vadhu is the number one TV serial. It has thrown out ‘Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki’ out of competition. Soon “Kyunki Saans bhi Bahu thi’ will be defeated by Balika Vadhu. The 11 year old Avika Gor is surprisingly the hottest star on Indian television. The superb serial on child marriage, Balika Vadhu has really won a lot of rave reviews.
Check out the interview with the child star, Avika Gor in Mumbai Mirror:
How has Balika Vadhu changed your life?
More and more people now want to talk to me. You are calling too, aren’t you?

• How are your friends and teachers in school responding to Balika Vadhu?
They feel sad when they see me crying in the serial, so all they tell me is to stop crying. But that's Anandi the character crying. Not Avika.

• You have become an overnight star with Balika Vadhu.
Have I? But it isn’t my first serial. Earlier, I have done serials like Rajkumar Arryan, Chalti Ka Naam Gaddi and Karam Apna Apna.

• But none of those made you a household name…
Haan, I agree. Thank you.

• How can anyone so small be so talented?
Is mein kaun si badi baat hai? My father, the writer of Balika Vadhu and my director Siddharth Sengupta teach me to do the right thing in front of the camera.

• You talk like a 40-year-old.
But I am just 11. And, it feels great to be called a star at this age.

• Who are your favourite actors?
I like Shah Rukh Khan, Shahid Kapur, Hrithik Roshan, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif and Deepika Padukone.

• What do people call you - by your name Avika or the name of the girl in the serial, Anandi?
Neither. They call me Nak-chadi chuhiya and Bindani; that’s bride in Rajasthani.

• How many hours do you shoot for Balika Vadhu? Do you get to do fun things?
Sab kuch karti hoon main. Yes, I do miss school sometimes. But I bring my school books on the sets and study between shots. I go to school in the mornings and then shoot for 7-8 hours.

• So is Balika Vadhu like school?
No it’s fun. Acting is my hobby.

• So what do you want to be when you grow up?
Miss Universe.

• In the meanwhile?
Tab tak padhaai karungi, films karungi, sab kuch …

• What about the brat who plays your husband?
What about him? He’s nice. We don’t fight at all. We study and play together.

• But doesn’t he pull your hair?
That’s Anandi’s hair he’s pulling, not Avika’s.

• Do you watch television?
Yes, whenever I get time. I love watching Balika Vadhu and everything on Cartoon Network.

• Do you watch Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi?
Sometimes. I like it. Every serial has something different to offer.

• Do you know that the TRPs of Balika Vadhu has outdone that of Kyunki Saas…?
Really? That’s good to hear. But aisa nahin hain ke people don’t watch those serials any more.

• But they do watch Balika Vadhu more?
Acha hai na? (giggles)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool websit eit is really intresting

Post a Comment